Dear fellow Reddheads:
As we enter the final countdown, please make sure you will enable staking and keep your wallet up and running.
- At the bottom right corner of the QT wallet GUI, you should see the second icon with a grey upward arrow.
- If you move your mouse over, it should say “Not staking because wallet is locked”.
- To enable staking, go to the top menu Settings -> Unlock Wallet… -> Enter your passphrase and make sure the checkbox “For staking only” is ticked for better security.
- Wait a minute and move your mouse over the staking icon again, it should now say “Not staking” which is what we expect because PoSV hasn’t kicked in yet.
- Once PoSV kicks in, the minting process automatically starts and after about a minute you should see the grey icon turngreen.
- You will be able to get more information on staking if you move mouse over.
- Use RPC call getstakinginfo to check all the details of staking.
- To unlock wallet for staking, use command: “reddcoind walletpassphrase $yourpassword 9999999 true”
- Make sure you clean the bash history file to prevent others from seeing your passphrase.
Get on IRC chat room, our Situation Room for a blow-by-blow live broacast